At New Mexico Sonographics We Serve You…
By providing Obstetrical and Gynecological 3D/4D
ultrasounds throughout the state of New Mexico and
- Ultrasounds (sonograms) are performed by
Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
in accordance with the American Institute of
Ultrasound in Medicine guidelines.
- Ultrasounds are interpreted by highly
specialized physicians: Perinatologists who are
Board Certified in Maternal Fetal Medicine and
GYN specialized Radiologist.
- We offer a wide range of obstetrical and
- Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) physician
specialists are available for consults of
- Genetic Screening and Diagnostic Services
when indicated and/or requested.
Sonographers specifically trained in perinatology
(high risk Obstetrics) ultrasound with a focus in
fetal echo cardiography (fetal heart ultrasound).
- Pregnancy ultrasounds, from routine to
the detailed genetic: used to estimate
fetal size, fetal age, growth and development,
evaluate for birth defects
- Genetic ultrasound is a more detailed
evaluation of fetal anatomy including
the heart, face, spine and brain.
- First Trimester Screen: highly technical
ultrasound used to evaluate for
- Sonographers specifically trained to perform
“pain mapping” pelvic ultrasounds by gynecological
radiologist, Dr. Roger Sanders. Dr. Sanders, former
Johns Hopkins Director of Ultrasound, is the author of
16 books on ultrasound. He is currently a Clinical
Professor of Radiology at the University of New Mexico
and Research Professor at Thomas Jefferson University
- Gynecology ultrasounds are helpful in evaluating
- IUD placement
Abnormal uterine bleeding and pain
Uterine fibroids and polyps
Certain female organ related cancers, and
Many other GYN related conditions.